Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Ethics – refers to the principles of right and wrong that individuals use to make choices to guide their behaviors.
Code of ethics – collection of principles that are intended to guide decision making by members of organization.
e.g: the Association for Computing Machinery(www.acm.org)
-Responsibility : you accept the consequences of your decision & action
-Accountability : determination of who is responsible for action that were taken
-Liability : legal concept that individuals have right to recover the damages done to them
All employess have a responsibility to encourage ethical uses of information & information technology.
Most of all of the business decisions you will face at work will have an ethical dimension.
A FRAMEWORK FOR ETHICAL ISSUES
-Involve collecting, storing, and disseminiating information about individuals
-Involve the authenticity, fidelity and acurary of information that is collected and processed
-Involve the ownership and value of information
-Revolve around who should have access to information and wether they should have to pay for this access
Monday, February 16, 2009
- Find at least ONE website (give the URL) that you find as cybersquatting site. Cannot be the same site as your friend....• http://www.panasonic.com• http://www.panasonic.net• http://www.pensonic.com.my
- Go to OPAC IIUM, find three books from Law, Human Science and Technology. Get the call numbers and ISBN numbers....
- LAWLaw and justice : an introduction / Richard A. MyrenISBN : 0534081126Call number : d61 KF384M998L
- HUMAN SCIENCES
The new book of popular scienceCall No: Q162N532GISBN: 00000092800
Title: Essentials of educational technologyAuthor: Schwartz, James E.Call Number: 372.0285 SCH 1999ISBN: 00000001982
3. Explore Bro. Asmady blog and tell me at least 3 things you like about his blog....
• The blog give many information to the student.
• There are many pictures and graphic.
• The templates is nice and attractive.
4. Name the URL for Kulliyah of ICT.
5. Go to CFS IIUM Library, find 10 books that categorized under Red spot collections...
• Managing information systems & technologies
• The National economic policies of America
• perspectives on the social study of science
• Islam and the search for a social order in modern Egypt
• Human Biology by Micheal D Johnson
• Pre calculus by Sullivan.
• University physics by Jeff sanny and William moebs
• College Math ( The managerial life and social sciences ) 5th edition
• TAN applied calculus (6th edition)
• Biological science 3rd edition by Scott Freeman
The chain was founded in 1958 by Dan and Frank Carney. The Original Pizza Hut building was later relocated to the Wichita State University campus.Additional restaurants were opened, with the first franchise unit opening in 1959 in Topeka, Kansas. At the same time Pizza Hut was growing in and around Kansas, Shakey's Pizza was developing a stronghold along the West Coast. The competition provided Pizza Hut the impetus to evaluate its mission and direction. Dan and Frank Carney saw Shakey's expanding into their territory and realized that they needed to determine if Pizza Hut should be in the entertainment business or if it should be a neighborhood pizza restaurant. They decided to stick with the neighborhood business and realized that they needed to have a good standard image. The Carney brothers began to systematize operations and building designs to counter the competition from Shakey's. The franchise network continued to grow through friends and business associates, and by 1964 a unique standardized building appearance and layout was established for franchised and company-owned stores, creating a universal look that customers easily recognized.
By 1972, with 314 stores nationwide, Pizza Hut went public on the New York Stock Exchange under the stock ticker symbol PIZ. In 1977, Pizza Hut was acquired by Pepsico, who later also bought KFC and Taco Bell. In 1997, the three restaurant chains were spun off into Tricon, and in 2002 joined with Long John Silver's and A&W Restaurants to become YUM! Brands. Pizza Hut has opened Pizza Hut Express which specialize in small 6" pizzas. The oldest continuously operating Pizza Hut in the world is in Manhattan, Kansas, in a shopping and tavern district known as Aggieville.
Domino’s Pizza began in 1960 when Tom Monaghan and his brother James bought "Dominick's Pizza", a small pizzeria in Ypsilanti, Michigan. The deal was secured by a $75 down payment and the brothers borrowed $500 to pay for the store. Eight months later, James quit the partnership and traded his half of the business to Tom for a used Volkswagen Beetle. With Tom as the sole owner of the company, Dominick's Pizza became Domino's Pizza. In 1968, a fire destroyed the company headquarters and commissary. Although Domino's faced numerous other obstacles in the following years, including a 1975 trademark-infringement lawsuit by Amstar, maker of Domino sugar,the company expanded, and in 1978, the 200th Domino’s franchise opened.
At the prospect of potentially losing the right to use the Domino's Pizza brand name, Tom Monaghan hired Group 243 to create an alternative identity. Later they became agency of record for the company and remained so for over a decade. During that time, the agency, led by president Janet Muhleman and her partner Robert Cotman designed the store interiors, the pizza box, the Indy race car, created and produced all of the advertising, and managed recruitment for the franchise. When Group 243 was hired, Domino's had fewer than 100 units. They marketed the brand until it reached over 5,000. In the 1980s, Domino’s decentralized its operations by opening the first international Domino’s in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. In the following years the company expanded even more, and as of September 2006, it has 8,238 stores which totaled US$1.4 billion in gross income. Monaghan retired in 1998 and sold Domino's Pizza for nearly 1 billion dollars, but retained a 27% non-controlling stake in the company.
Over 8,000 stores worldwide now operate under the Domino’s brand, with the opening of a store in Huntley, Illinois as the 8,000th store. All international stores are franchised. The Domino’s Pizza store in Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland, became the first in Domino's history to hit a turnover of $3 million (€2.35 million) a year.Although the franchise is typically delivery and carry-out only, there is one dine-in Domino's with a full buffet in Clovis, NM. In Late 2008, Domino's Pizza Closed 1 Restaurant. This Closed Restaurant Was Located At Vineland, NJ.
- Information system connect people through internet. It make people easy to do their work.
- It give people the information and manage their work properly and efficiently.
- People have a chances of job opportunity.
- People also can be knowledgeable and up-to-date.
- News will quickly informed to other people and information system will exchange expertises and knowledge.
- It also bring any issues very fast and reduce the gaps of development between urban and rural area.